Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

Ever since I can remember, Halloween has been one of my favorite holidays.  I know to many this might rise some alarm, (I am aware that some believe Halloween is wrong to celebrate), but for me I have always enjoyed dressing up, pumpkins & their seeds (YUM!), and CANDY!  It might shock you to realize that Halloween was originally a Christian-based holiday.  Unfortunately, it has been twisted into something it was never originally supposed to be...However, I believe it's the motive of the heart that counts as to why one celebrates this holiday:)

This year, Jeff and I will be helping out at our church's Fall Festival that's open to the community.  Sadly, I will not be dressing up (lack of $ and creativity), but I'm still excited to participate!  I am very happy though, because this is the FIRST Halloween Jeff and I carved a pumpkin together!! We had our youth carve pumpkins in Sunday school, and because of the short amount of time, we decided to stick with something simple.  All of the pumpkins will be used for decorations tonight at the Fall Festival, but we are taking ours home afterwards to use on our little porch!

I also roasted the pumpkin seeds last night! 

Super easy:
preheat oven to 350 degrees
douse in olive oil and seasoning salt
bake for 25 minutes
delish!

I hope everyone enjoys this holiday and is safe!  Enjoy dressing up, eating tons of candy, and maybe watching a scary movie (but not TOO scary!).

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I was a little inaccurate in my origin of Halloween description. Please check out: http://theresurgence.com/2011/10/31/what-christians-should-know-about-halloween For a great article on its origin!

    ReplyDelete