Saturday, January 28, 2012

occupied but satisfied

So, we have officially lived in Frisco for two weeks now, and I have to say--I.LOVE.IT. It is a dream come true, and a blessing from Him alone!  We are enjoying our home, and have absolutely loved the church, community and Jeff's job.  I am still in search of a job, but we are confident that God will provide.  

Last weekend, Jeff's parents and brother, Scott, came over and helped us with things around the house and we then enjoyed dinner together (Rudy's...omg).  Jeff's dad, Lewis, hung curtains in my dining room, and fixed some shower heads.  Jeff himself hung up our crosses on our beloved cross wall.  For those of you who don't already know, Jeff and I got this idea from some of our mentors.  We have a wall designated in our house to crosses that we have been given or we have purchased that mark a special person, opportunity, or happening in our life.  Each cross is very different, and super special to us.  Some collect coffee mugs, baseball cards, spoons...we collect crosses.  And I do have to say, against my awesome peacock/deep turquoise curtains it looks pretty great! Thanks, Hubs!  Today I found a giftcard to Bed, Bath & Beyond in my wallet, so Jeff and I will hopefully be purchasing some curtains for our bedroom:)  

On another note, I'd like to say how much I enjoy spending more time with Jeff.  Although things are crazy right now because of our students' FREEDOM weekend coming up, it has been awhile since we have been able to spend Saturdays together.  Although he's been working super hard, I do not miss the days of only seeing him for 2 hours/day (maybe!).  And by the way, if any P-Wood North students are reading this, ya better sign up for FREEDOM!!!!!

Here's to a fab Saturday, peeps! Love you to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment