Monday, June 4, 2012

Between a Mom & Daughter: Summa' Time

Hey preshies! Today Mom and I decided to blog about fun summer memories we shared! Be sure to check out her blog post today as she shares her funny times! (www.awomanbehindmanymasks.blogspot.com)

Some of my fondest (and most hilarious memories) include the summer "schedule" my mother had for us. We had a library day, a craft day, a pool day, you name it! I think I read at least 3 books a week over the summers!! You see, a lot of my friend's lived at least 30 minutes away, so I really didn't do a lot with friends over the summers. But, they were very entertaining with all 5 of us kids, so I can assure you there were never dull moments.

I remember having a blast grilling out with my family, and I learned how to make my famous grilled veggies from my parents! I also adopted a love for Omaha steaks, burgers and veggie burgers! Although I was not the teenager who got a dark tan, because I rarely laid out, I have adopted a love and adoration for "pool time" since moving to Texas. (I would not be sad to have a pool one day when we buy a house!)

As Mom mentions, we get to see one another about twice a year, and I CANNOT WAIT to see my fam in August! I'm excited for some pool time, walking around South Pointe shopping center, and grilling out! And the great thing is that my best friend, who is basically part of my family, will most likely be tagging along with me!

This summer I have a jammed pack schedule including a besties weekend in Dallas and trips to Panama City Beach, Houston, BRAZIL (eek!), and Nebraska!

Happy summer, lovies! Remember to cherish these times with your family and to take advantage of mother/daughter time! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment